Monday, April 27, 2009

Run for Cover, Swine Flu is Coming!

As you have probably heard by now, the "Swine Flu" is "going rampant" in Mexico. I think the death toll is over 80 now. Classes have been cancelled until next Wednesday. Everyone is freaking out, wearing masks, not leaving their houses. But DO NOT FEAR! As this illness approaches a pandemic, I am not worried. I have faith in the medics around the world that by now if someone is sick, with anything, they'll be treated properly. There is a vaccine, or medicine of some sort that you can take within 48 hours and be okay. A few people are leaving this weekend to go home for the semester, in fear of the government closing borders. I think this is getting blown out of proportion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think with modern medicine it's not going to be the black plague. It's just population contol in Mexico City.
Another fun fact, there was an earthquake which I believe began in Aculpulco and was felt in D.F., but not here. I feel completely calm in the midst of mild chaos.

1 comment:

  1. Mexico City Earthquake in second disaster this week
    The video from the scene:
    Mexico City Earthquake-news!!!

    ReplyDelete